Well digging is not a small task. Employing some of the best well digging services is probably your best option. They will know about everything from sump pump installation to water tanks to water well sealing and you won’t have to worry about it. However, it’s a good idea to have a general knowledge of the process before getting started. Here is typically how a well is dug by the best well digging services.
- The first thing that needs to be done is to know the law. While it is legal to drill a well, most states require having a permit if you were going to drill more than 200 feet deep. A professional company will already know what your local codes are but you can also research them online or call your local officials.
- The well should not be anywhere near a source of contamination. Muddy areas, septic tanks, sewers and even animal pens can contaminate a well which would make for polluted water, defeating the purpose of having your own well. Waste can seep through soil down to a water reservoir. This is why a well should be dug at a minimum of 50 feet away from these of areas.
- Living in a populated area can make it difficult to drill a well even for the best well digging services. This is because you have to confirm with local utility companies before starting the well. A lot of utility companies run conduits under the ground and drilling could run into their lines. Make sure that your utility providers can confirm that they have no cabling running underneath your property or where you want to dig the well.
- Next, the site that is chosen needs to be the one that will give the most water. There are many variables that can let you know how much water you can expect from a reservoir. If there’s an area that has a lot of sand or gravel there is likely a lot of water under the surface. Areas that easily grow plants usually have a lot of water as well. The best places to drill or where groups of trees or shrubs are located. Thriving trees show that their roots have easily reached a water source. You can always contact your county survey office and get groundwater maps to help you decide on the location of your well.
- Now the preliminary process is finished and the actual well making can commence. The actual process of digging a well can be complicated but if you have the best well digging services on the job then you have nothing to worry about. Typically, a well can be dug in a couple of days. However, using a cheaper drill could make the process last few weeks. It really all depends on how deep the well is going to be and what kind of drill is used.
It may seem like a lot of work to dig a well but the benefits do outweigh the disadvantages. You can save a lot of money every month by using a well because you will not have to pay usage fees. Typically there are also state and federal tax credits for people who do have Wells installed on their properties. Well water is usually better for your health and even tastes better as well as being environmentally friendly.
However, on the other hand most wells nowadays use an electric pump to draw up the water and if for some reason the power goes out, the pump will stop working and the only water you will have until the power comes back on is what is in the tank. Well water also doesn’t have a lot of fluoride which contributes to your dental health. However, this can be compensated for in dental products if you were insistent on drinking well water.
If you are going to be installing well on your property, then it will be your responsibility to maintain it properly and make sure that the water is always kept clean and safe for you and your family. It can be a great experience to own your own well but it can also be a hassle sometimes. You’ll just need to decide what is best for you and your family.