Having central air gives you the best of both worlds – you’re cool in the summer and warm in the winter. However, are you aware of the importance of having air conditioning service on a regular basis as well as an AC furnace service? For this complicated piece of machinery to work properly, you’ll need to have an HVAC technician service and repair it as necessary. This should be done a couple of times a year – once before summer and once before winter to make sure your unit is working at maximum levels. What’s more, is that many HVAC companies offer a maintenance plan that you can sign up for. This includes a home air conditioner tune up, HVAC cleaning and maintenance, and central ac unit repair. Over the long term, joining a maintenance plan such as this will save you money. Don’t get left out in the cold or the heat without a properly functioning HVAC system. Instead, opt for regular maintenance and repair with a handy plan that will automatically see your unit cared for.
If you own your own home, you probably have an air conditioner or air conditioner unit. In the United States, most houses do. At least two thirds of all American homes have one of the two. If it is maintained correctly a heating, air conditioning and ventilating (HVAC) system should last at least a dozen years. It is possible to get AC maintenance plans to help homeowners maintain their HVAC systems properly.
The 4 Benefits O AC Maintenance Plans:
- You will lower your energy costs. When you have an AC contractor come into your home to conduct routine and regular maintenance on your system, you will save money on your utility bills. Your heating and air conditioning costs account for nearly half of your monthly home bills so everyone wants to keep their power bills as low as possible. Merely replacing a dirty and clogged air filter in the air conditioning system will lower your bills by between 5 and 15%. The air conditioning repair person will also check your system for leaks anywhere in the system.
- You get preventative maintenance. Regular maintenance can prevent small issues from growing into large and expensive problems. AC maintenance plans include regular visits from an air conditioning contractor. They will go through the air conditioning system and check it but also do tune ups. These regular “check ups” can do a lot to help prevent needing big repair jobs on the air conditioning system. This can also help prevent other problems. Air conditioning systems that have not received the proper, regular maintenance cause home fires around the country. Nearly 35% of home structure fires between 2006 and 2010. Many of these could have been prevented.
- You get faster repair service when you need it. Air conditioners never seem to break down when it is nice and cool outside. When your air conditioning system has broken down, the chances are that a lot of people in your city or locality are having the same problem. That means there a lot of calls being made to local air conditioning repair companies and the wait may be long. People with AC maintenance plans will get priority treatment. You will want that when it is really hot and your air conditioning unit is not working.
- You will lower your air conditioning repair costs with a plan. Most companies that offer AC maintenance plans will include a discount on any repair work that has to be done. The cost for these repairs can run from $600 to $2,000. This is a pricey repair.
What To Ask Providers Of AC Maintenance Plans
- What is covered? When you talk to air conditioning maintenance companies, you should make sure you are completely clear on what would be covered by their AC maintenance plans. When the air conditioning technician comes to the home what will they do exactly? What materials are included? Do they include the filters or do you need to buy them?
- What does their tune ups do? One air conditioning company’s idea of a good tune up may be different from another’s. Ask what steps they take. They should give you a list of what they check and what they do. You should see a difference in your energy bills if you have not been having your air conditioning system tuned up.
- How often do they come? Different companies will have different scheduling ideas for air conditioning maintenance. Some companies may claim they need to be out every month when in reality, it needs to be inspected and tuned up once a year. Just talk to them about their timing.
- Is emergency repair included? Often air conditioning companies will charge extra for emergency service. This makes a lot of sense as most industries do the same thing. People with AC maintenance plans may be given priority and also not be charged this extra fee for the emergency service.
Proper maintenance of your air conditioning system is a good idea. Most people in the United States know this but only 42% actually follow through and have it done. Talk to local air conditioning contractors and see if an AC maintenance plan would be the best thing for you.