Outdoor kitchen plans Pool resurfacing products Pool resurfacing tampa

Pools, Swimming, and Everything In Between

Swimming and swimming pools are both incredibly popular not just in the United States but across the globe. As a matter of fact, most people would be surprised to learn just how popular swimming is as a sport. This is true for both the United States and other countries as well. Now, more and more people want swimming pool builders to put together a nice outdoor pool. Here is why:

Houzz is a group that conducts studies every year, like the Houzz Spring Landscaping Trends Study. Their 2014 version of this study managed to reveal that over 80% of all homeowners involved state that their backyard is a space built to entertain. Therefore, it makes sense that people want to get pools in their yard. However, maintenance is essential and 85% of all pools use chlorine to sanitize the pool. Here are the facts on pools and swimming and everything in between!

Swimming Is A Very Health Activity

Plenty of people like to swim and this is actually a very healthy activity. Across the United States, swimming is the fourth most popular sport for all kinds of people of all kinds of different ages. However, competitive swim teams are prominent for people who are young in and in middle school and high school. For children and teenagers between the ages of 7 to 17, swimming is the most popular recreational activity!

When people swim, they are engaging in one of the best cardiovascular exercises outside of biking or running. It works a lot of muscles and it is such a great cardio workout because it is actually very fun. Also, you are working against the resistance of the water and this resistance is projected to be ten times that of air. As a result, swimming is a premier workout for youngsters and a pool can help keep them active on a daily basis.

Pay Attention To Pool Maintenance

On average, an inground pool liner will last someone between 5 to 12 years. However, this time can be expanded by just investing some time, effort, and money into properly maintaining the pool. Plus, these pools last much longer than above ground pool liners which will last only 6 to 10 years. If you decide to invest in a pool for your home then you need to do it right. Maintenance is key to enjoying a clean pool and also a pool that looks good and impresses your neighbors.

Pool plaster is another way to coat the inside of a pool so that it looks good and stands up to the test of time. This will begin to degrade and will begin to look gross and repulsive after a span of about 10 or 15 years. Therefore, anyone with a pool should take time to make sure that they apply a new coat after this span of time. That way, you can enjoy a good looking pool for an extended period of time.

Some pools will have additions like diving boards and some will not. Nearly 40% of all inground pools features a diving board and the other 60% do not. For maximum pool safety, install four-sided isolation fencing, at least five feet high, equipped with self-closing and self-latching gates, that completely surrounds the pool and prevents direct access from the house and yard. This will be good for insurance situations and more when setting up an inground pool. Mostly because it will prevent neighbors and other random people from using the pool without consent while no one is watching.

In Conclusion

Across the world, there are so many people that want to swim each and every day. In the United States, there are some people who base their home purchasing decisions on whether or not they want to live close to a lake or right on the lake. As a result, it is important for people to take their time when thinking about what they want with their pools and more!

Leave a Reply