It is time to make a change.
After 19 years in the same house, the furniture and the decorations are looking pretty dated. While some of your friends have redecorated and redesigned their most used spaces in their homes, you have been paying for college tuition and making car payments. Now that your children are out of college and have no student loan payments to make though. it is time to do something for yourself. With piles of catalogs with pictures of fashionable Italian sofas and various types of contemporary European furniture all over the house, you feel like you are finally ready to begin making choices. Although you have been leaning toward some of the more contemporary leather furniture choices, your husband is a fan of the more traditional pieces.
With the help of an interior designer, you feel like you have found some pieces that you both like and as soon as you give your final approval, the order will be placed. By the beginning of summer you hope to have a pair of fashionable Italian sofas as well as some comfortable leather recliners that your husband will enjoy. In the meantime, you have painters scheduled and an order in for new carpet. In some ways, it was less painful to make car and college tuition payments, but you know that when the entire process is finished you will be glad that you took the time to make the changes. The new interior will not only make your home more current looking, it will also be a great new space for entertaining.
Investing in Well Made and Well Designed Furniture Changes How Guests See Your Home
Whether you are considering chic Italian sofas or high end leather furniture, it is important to invest in well made pieces that will last, instead of simply buying the cheapest pieces that you can find. consider some of these facts and figures about the home furnishings industry:
- The two types of top grain leather include full grain and corrected grain.
- A full grain leather is left in its natural state, which means that nothing has been done to alter its grain.
- Corrected grain leather refers to a type that has been altered by buffing the surface to reduce scarring or embossing to develop a special effect
- Keeping the economy rolling, the U.S. home furnishings industry generates $44.36 billion in sales a year.
- A pair of fashionable Italian sofas can completely change the look and feel of your home.
- Sofas typically have a lifespan of seven to 15 years. High end pieces of furniture that are well cared for, however, can last for generations.
- Easy to care for, leather should be maintained by simply using a conditioner every six to 12 months and wiping up spills as they occur with a clean cloth.
- As the third most expensive purchase that anyone makes, furniture sales have grown steadily in the last 20 years. In 1992, for instance, furniture and home furnishing stores sales amounted to $52.34 billion. By the year 2013, however, those sales grew to $101.41 billion.
- The only two things that most people spend more on than furniture are a home and a car.