Decks and porches are very popular in the United States. Near 130,000 people are employed by the U.S. fencing companies. Experts say that nearly $51 billion in revenue are generated by the industry. If you are considering adding a deck, you will be happy to hear that adding one to your home has a return on investment of almost 90% (the real number is 97%). If you are looking to add space to your home or for a good improvement to make, consider putting in a screened porch.
What a Screened Porch Can Do for Your Home:
- A screened porch adds value to your home. Your screened porch can be looked as another room in your home. These add curb appeal and value to your home. This can make it easier to sell your house if you ever choose to put it on the market. The screened porch becomes the first thing people notice when they look at your home.
- Screened porches give you more space for entertaining. Many people think of their porch as another room in their home. The nice space the porch provides is a great place for entertaining friends, family and neighbors. This can be a nice spot where you can get all of your friends, family and neighbors together of ra fun meal or just great conversation.
- Enjoy the outdoors with no bug bites. A screened porch lets you, your family, friends and other guests enjoy being outside without dealing with insects and rain. It can be enjoyable to take your coffee in the morning out onto the porch to read the paper. In the evening, you can sit out on the porch and enjoy the evening without being rained on or bitten up by bugs.
- Gives you pets a safe taste of the outdoor. If you have pets, you can let the get “outside” while keeping them safe. A screened porch is great for indoor cats. They can go out and watch the neighborhood wildlife from a safe vantage point. For them, screened porches offer he best of both worlds.
- Bring your dinners out to the porch for a nice outdoor experience. If you have a screened in porch, you can bring your food out and have an enjoyable meal with your family. This can be like going out to eat but without the expense of the restaurant or the hassle of finding parking.
- Spend quality alone time on your porch. When you want to get away from things, you can take a book or magazine out to the porch and you will feel like you are a million miles away from your troubles. A screened in porch can give you a nice break from things.
- Your kids can play safely outside. If you have children, they can play in safety on your porch. They can get out there and stay dry when it rains. A porch is a great play spot for kids of all ages.
Many people in the United States get a lot of enjoyment from adding a screened porch to their home. There are other ways to get the most of your home’s exterior. There are many different types of fences you can use for your yard. There is saying that “fences make great neighbors.” If you do not currently have a fence, you can find a fence style that matches or compliments the style of your home.
Adding a fence to your yard can do a number of things to improve your property. Any fence style can help make you a better neighbor, will keep your dog close to your home and clearly delineates your yard from anyone else’s property. A nice wood fence design will add value to your home and a fenced in yard gives you another safe place for your kids to play.
Regardless of your reason for adding a screened porch to your home or putting a new fence around your yard, you can find a porch, patio or fence design that compliments the style of your home. There is a style and design to match any taste or preference. If you look for it, you will find a design that fits your budget and lifestyle.