Solar Panel Installation Services Continue to Grow in Popularity
Both residential and commercial solar energy systems continue to grow in popularity as more and more people are looking for efficient options for heating and cooling their home. And while no one can go completely off the grid in most parts of the country, there are still many people who do everything when they can to make sure that they are cutting the costs that they face on a monthly basis.
Although they were once a major investment, the price of solar panel installation and the equipment itself have significantly dropped. In fact, the latest research indicates that solar energy use has surged at about 20% a year over the past 15 years, and this is thanks to the rapidly falling prices and gains in efficiency.
Are You Looking for an Environmentally Safe Way to Cut Your Energy Costs?
In addition to saving on energy costs, the initial solar panel installation can also come with a tax credit. When you realize that some of the people who are installing these panels are also the people who conserve energy anyway you begin to understand the impact solar panels can have. One of the reasons that so many people have made the transition to solar energy is that there is a growing amount of research that indicates the savings. For instance, the latest research indicates that solar and wind power systems have 100 times better lifetime energy yield than either nuclear or fossil energy system for every metric ton of mined materials.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the solar and wind panel industry and the impact that they have on the energy savings that they provide:
- Heating and cooling make up 54% of annual utility bills in an average home.
- Proper insulation can reduce the costs of heating and cooling by more than 40%, but there are still many people who looking for ways to cut costs even more.
- Heat gain and heat loss through windows are responsible for 25% to 30% of residential cooling and heating energy usage.
- Although the numbers can vary from one location to the next, Tampa has approximately 246 days of full sun every year, so solar energy is a powerful possibility.
- Growing from 1.2 gigawatts (GW) in 2008 to an estimated 27.4 GW at the end of 2015, the amount of solar power installed in the U.S. has increased more than 23 times over the past eight years.
- Who should I call after a car accident? 911? My insurance company? An attorney?
You likely do not have to drive far in the community where you live to see solar panel installations that are helping residents, businesses, and government offices save significant amount of energy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.