What Kind of Weather Are You Having in Your Area?
Finally. A morning when neither the heating and air conditioning systems are running.
The outside temperature is 57 degrees, the doors and windows are open, and you are enjoying the benefits of circulated air that is not being pushed by the HVAC services and equipment that typically regulate the temperature control in your home.
Undoubtedly, HVAC services are an important part of temperature control on the majority of days around the country. On the rare days when the temperature is moderate enough that neither heating and cooling systems are needed. On these treasured days, home owners open the windows, enjoy the fresh air, and spend one day, at least, without paying for energy costs. Consider these facts and figures about the HVAC services that are used by many Americans most days of the year:
- Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from all kinds of heating equipment, including the furnace, fireplace, wood stove, or any kind of portable space heater.
- Every six months it is important to make sure that you have professional HVAC services personnel check you heating and cooling equipment.
- Estimates indicate that home owners can save as much as 5% on heating costs when thermostats are used to control heating costs. For every two degrees a home owner lowers the thermostat, for instance, money is saved. During sleeping hours, thermostats should be turned down or turned completely off, if health permits.
- Personal preferences vary, but setting your AC really low and your furnace really high can lead to exceptionally high energy bills.
- In the year 2014, there were 3,634 power outages which affected at least 14.2 million people. These outages always effect heating and cooling systems.
- Nearly 25% of a home?s heat is lost through small holes and cracks.
- Gas furnaces and electric furnaces both need different kinds of maintenance, so it is important to make sure that trained professionals help check for needed maintenance and repair.
- You have to make sure that the person you find to help install HVAC equipment is highly qualified. Not surprising, improper equipment installation can decrease a home?s heating and cooling efficiency by as much as 30%.
- On average, in the year 2014 3,996 people were affected for over 40 minutes per power outage. Additionally, the power failures created difficulties for people and businesses in all 50 states across the country.
- Using standby generators can help many people have a back up plan. For instance, standby generators are programmed to operate regularly, often as frequently as once a week, to ensure the generator is in working condition in the event of a power outage.
- Research indicates that 66% of all homes in the U.S. have air conditioners.
- Cooling systems consume huge amounts of energy, so it is important to make sure that you are doing everything you can to make sure that your AC system is running as efficiently as possible.
- One common recommendation by experts is that home owners should have air ducts cleaned every three to five years to insure maximum cooling and heating efficiency. Without these duct cleanings, your HVAC system is pumping air throughout your home that is full of allergens, dust mites, and other unfavorable problems.
- One of the most effective ways to lower energy costs is to upgrade to more efficient HVAC equipment. for instance, switching to high-efficiency air conditioners and taking other actions to keep a home cool could reduce energy use for air conditioning by 20% to 50%.
- Leading factors contributing to home heating fires has to do with maintenance. In fact, 28% of fires were caused by failure to clean, principally creosote from solid-fueled heating equipment, espeically chimneys.
You must be logged in to post a comment.