Reasons to Consider Custom Cabinets for Your Home
If you are looking into doing a kitchen or bathroom remodeling job, you are not alone. At least 69% of all renovation requests made by Americans are for kitchens and a full 78% are for bathrooms, according to the National Association of Home Builders survey. One part of either of these jobs is a new set of cabinetry and cabinet components. There are a lot of options out there but if you are having new cabinets installed, you should look into custom cabinets for your space. Here are some reasons:
- You can get the style you really want. One area in which custom cabinets and cabinet components excel over all others is in the bast number of styles you can get. Some people think they will have the versatility if they go for semi-custom made products but that is not really the case. If you want a full range of choices for the finishes, colors and other parts of your new cabinetry, you should really go with custom made cabinets for your home. Because each piece is made custom for you, you can get styles that run the gamut and you can get the custom colors and looks that you want for your home.
- You can add a protective finish to your cabinets. When you are having your new cabinets made, you should make sure that the people doing the building finish the job by applying a conversion varnish that has been catalyzed. These will not affect the color or look of your cabinetry because they are clear but they can save you a lot of money in the long run by protecting your investment. The cabinets in your home should have a very smooth feel to them. Some have compared it to satin. That will tell you that your cabinets are protected.
- Your cabinets will fit just about any sized room. This is another benefit over any other kind of cabinet. Your space has its own size and shape. When you go with cabinets and cabinet components that were not made just for your kitchen or bath, they can be put in but they may or may not fit as well as they can. That is not a problem you will have if you have a custom set of cabinets made and installed in your home. This can also expand the amount of usable room you are given from your cabinets. No space is lost to “filler” space. This is a great thing for any kitchen or bath.
- You can pick your wood. There are companies that make cabinets out of plywood and particleboard or other materials but you should go for the solid wood. You can do this when you order your custom cabinets These better-crafted cabinets will look better and last longer, with no warping like some composite woods can than the alternatives. You will get better quality materials. When you hire a company to come to your home, design and build your new cabinets and cabinet components, you will have a say, every step of the way, in what materials are used. Even with the best made ready to use cabinets, you cannot say that.
- Custom cabinets will meet your needs. We all have different needs for our kitchens and bathrooms. The same kitchen cabinets that work for a person who loves to back may not work for a person who does not cook as much but has people over for takeout. When you are working with your cabinet designer, you can make sure your cabinets and cabinet components are made with your needs and wants in mind.
- The value of your home will go up. People like the idea of not wasting space with cabinets that were not made for a specific kitchen or bathroom area. These look better, which is a plus. Moreover, it always seems that people need more space in the kitchen and bathroom. Custom cabinets give your home back some lost space.
When you are looking at remodeling your home, you have a lot of decisions to make and they are not always easy. When you get custom cabinets and cabinet components, you are making a wise investment that will pay off.
You must be logged in to post a comment.